- 1 red onion, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1 heaped tsp mild curry powder
- 100g split red lentils
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 250-300ml water
- 40g spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- To serve: brussel sprouts, red cabbage and hazelnut slaw, fresh chilli, fresh coriander, dukkha, lime wedges, rice, flatbreads
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil to a medium-sized saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add in the red pepper, fry for 5 more minutes before stirring in the curry powder.
- Pour in the red lentils, miso paste, chopped tomatoes and water. Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer over a gentle heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick and creamy.
- Just before serving, stir in the lime or lemon juice and the spinach. Stir to wilt.
- Either stir in the coconut yoghurt or serve it on top of the dahl along with your favourite toppings. Enjoy with rice and flatbreads, too!